Elizabethtown-Lewis Emergency Squad, Inc. is currently seeking Full Time or Per-Diem EMT Basics, EMT Advanced, EMT Critical Care and Paramedics. A great opportunity for EMT’s at all stages of their career to gain experience, learn new skills and mentor your peers. Our schedule is very flexible and we offer 12 hour shifts. We provide high quality BLS and ALS 911 Services to the Towns of Elizabethtown, Lewis, and the surrounding area through mutual aid. Our team provides high quality care to critically ill and injured patients.
The EMT functions as defined by New York State Department of Health, Emergency Medical Services certification standards. Performs all duties as outlined by local Medical Control Protocols.
- Provides patient care in accordance with NYSDOH and Mountain Lakes Protocols.
- Documents all patient care on the prehospital care report (PCR), including hand-off of care once the patient reaches their destination.
- Communicates directly to the patient (and family members) as to the care being provided, and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Completes department orientation including all established competencies and checklists, to include emergency vehicle operations.
- Provides care using infection control practices as outlined in ELES policies/procedures.
- Adheres to organization and department safety standards, and wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
- Maintains a safe working environment for patients and staff.
- Adheres to all ELES Standard Operating Guidelines (SOG’s)
- Performs and documents daily rig and equipment checks (inspection) at the start of every shift.
- Performs and documents monthly supply, medication, and equipment inspections and replaces as needed.
- Takes direction from the senior EMT-B, A-EMT, EMT-CC or EMT-P while operating on a call/scene.
- Maintains all certifications related to current title/position as per NYSDOH, Mountain Lakes, and CVPH requirements.
- Drives and operates ambulances in a safe manner and adheres to all DOT regulations.
- Completes all annual requirements on time. (Physical, TB test, Fit test).
- Plays an active role in the department’s Quality Assurance Program.
- Assists in the Emergency Room as needed under the direction of the charge nurse.
- Ensures the ambulances are clean, fully stocked, and ready to respond at all times.
- Reports any and all issues pertaining to patient care, ambulances, equipment, and supplies to management in a timely manner, and submit an incident report as required.
- Demonstrates knowledge/ability to effectively use applicable devices and technology (computer, electronic PCR’s, etc.)
- Promotes teamwork among each other and other care providers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent work experience, including ability to read, write and comprehend medical terminology.
- New York State Basic EMT certification required.
- Previous experience as an EMT preferred.
- Meets requirements of pre-employment screening and physical.
- Holds a current New York Driver’s license.
- Meets requirement to drive an ambulance
As applicable, the individual has training/competency in attending to the special needs and/or behaviors appropriate to the age of the patients for which care is being provided.